KYC Solutions Product Specialist
IHS Markit has expanded their delivery of managed services as a service component of our technology and data offering. Counterparty manager is a leading platform to support the connectivity and secure distribution of data between the buyside and sellside to support onboarding, kyc, tax, legal contracting, and regulatory information exchange. IHS Markit’s role is to reduce cost and provide a more efficient platform for investors, buysides, corporates, and financial institutions to meet the onboarding and compliance burden while most effectively supporting the need to onboarding client accounts and support financial transactions.
KYC Services and Managed Services within Regulatory and Compliance provides clients and end to end solution to solve client challenges in the KYC, Onboarding, Regulatory, Tax, and Legal/Credit services.
MCPM’s centralised online environment decreases the reliance on email and paper-based interaction. The platform stores over 250 document types that are organised into 50+ categories. Audit functions and reporting allow firms to verify the source and destination of documents on the system. As part of our rapid expansion, IHSM has built 5 new products and has 3 more in the pipeline which add significant value to our community of users. This is an exciting and growing part of the IHSM business with a robust pipeline of customers and the need for dynamic and energetic staff to join our success story.
Since counterparty documentation and agreements are part of every stage of a trading relationship, MCPM is the ideal tool for front, middle and back office documentation processes covering KYC, Tax, Dodd-Frank, EMIR, MiFID, Legal, AML and Credit.
The MCPM team is split across multiple locations, London, New York, Singapore and Delhi and covers Product Management, Development, Sales, Account Management and Operations.
Role Description: Provide support and lead KYC and managed service initiatives in partnership with our Platforms and Regulatory Compliance broader team. Ensure successful delivery of our technology, data and managed service solutions in support of KYC onboarding and refresh projects. The candidate must have KYC experience and be able to participate in clients and prospect meetings and presentations, understand business requirements and be able to identify appropriate implementation of a KYC solution for specific client requirements. The candidate must partner with the sales team to help on the presales cycle and identify the right solutions. The candidate must be actively involved in determining new opportunities in the KYC and and/or broader regulatory onboarding space and keep close contact with clients to identify the next opportunity.
The role will have direct responsibility for:
- Partner with Sales to engage client and better articulate our data, technology and managed service combined offering
- Remain the point of contact for presales as a KYC subject matter expert ensuring coverage is provided based on client and market demand;
- Remain current and relevant with our KYC solutions including the technical standards and ability to articulate required enhancements to current policy standards and broader product offering and services
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs when required and be able to create client focus and internal power point presentations
- Take a commercial approach to identify, and structure potential managed service opportunities for KYC and/or broader regulatory adherence, including identifying the scope of project, creating supporting commercial pricing structure and engaging with relevant stakeholders to successfully deliver on the opportunities
- Work with Operations to offer support and guidance related to KYC policy enquiries
- Be a great project manager to support with the implementation of end to end KYC solutions being offered to clients
- Ability to run data analysis and benchmarking reports
- Remain the point to contact to provide feedback from clients and prospects to our products team
Education, experience & Skills
- Minimum of 5/7 years of experience as KYC SME within Financial Services
- Practical experience with interaction between buyside and sellside operations including KYC, onboarding teams, Compliance and legal
- Experience managing projects from start to finish and appropriately designing solutions to improve execution and implementation
- Experience in operations, technology and/or client relationship management
- Consulting and project management experience a huge plus
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to create own power point presentations
- Excellent knowledge using Excel, Power Point and other Microsoft office tools
- Comfortable doing data analysis and benchmarking
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- European languages a plus
AML & KYC awareness
- Subject matter expert on current AML regulations across different jurisdictions with practical experience on application of KYC requirements
- Experience with other Financial crime regulations would be a Plus
- AML qualification such as ICA a huge plus
- Have an excellent client service ethos and be able to communicate effectively with priority clients and sales prospects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Financial industry KYC experience awareness preferred
- Detail-oriented and a thorough problem-solver
- Effective, likeable, and customer focused
- Organized and diligent
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing situations
- Excellent client service ethos and be able to communicate effectively with priority clients and sales prospects
- Strong presentation skill
- Quickly gain the respect of peers, clients and staff
- Comfortable working in team environments and interacting with all levels of business
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.