Manager of Client Onboarding Lifecycle Controls
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Investment Banking Client Onboarding Lifecycle Management (IB COLM) is looking for a candidate to support the Controls and Governance Framework for its departments, including KYC, Client Onboarding and Regulatory Due Diligence. As a Controls function, we ensure that appropriate levels of supervisory oversight are maintained across Investment Bank. The Controls team is responsible for managing Operational Risk through analysis, control testing, reporting and governance forums. The successful candidate is an independent problem solver with strong analytical skills, who will collaborate within a team to achieve the broader goals and objectives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects spanning many different groups within the Investment Banking division. You will be encouraged to regularly interact with partners in various Business, Risk, Compliance and Audit functions. This role is fast-paced with a constantly evolving scope, which includes reactive tasks to control incidents, and proactive work to improve the control environment.
- Manage Tyre kick sessions to deep dive into processes and procedures, perform root cause analysis, and provide recommendations on adjusting the control environment to improve client experience.
- Evaluate the design and performance of existing controls, identifying potential risks through control gaps.
- Manage control testing and front-to-back quality assurance reviews to measure control efficiency in BAU processes. Drive remediation actions and partner with process owners to implement changes.
- Participate in existing and/or develop new governance forums to bring relevant business partners together, enable transparent and accountable reporting, and allow for accurate customer concern channels.
- Manage collection of raw data from various sources, perform data mining, and develop metrics, to solve business problems and identify trends leading to control breaks.
- Define new control reports where necessary to help maintain control over regulatory requirements, and compliance with current firm policies and processes.
- Manage and actively monitor controls and open action points (Compliance, Internal Audit, Regulatory Reporting, RCSA, Incidents), to ensure all existing issues are addressed within appropriate timeframes.
- Provide full assistance to internal clients as required, including formal and informal training.
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Services, with 2+ years in Risk organization (Audit, Compliance, SOX, Operational Risk, Controls).
- Knowledge of the operation and/or control environment at Credit Suisse is preferred
- Proficient Microsoft Excel (e.g: pivot tables, VLOOKUP), PowerPoint, Visio, Word, and SharePoint skills.
- Project Management, Lean Six Sigma certification and/or operations improvement knowledge is a plus!
- Proficient in financial/strategic analysis. Ability to conduct complex analysis under timelines.
- Highly motivated and willing to work in both team and independent situations.
- Has the flexibility to take things on not wholly within the written scope of the function, and can handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable dealing directly with senior internal clients and global partners.
- Clearly communicates status to manager and is transparent in raising risks/issues.
- Hardworking, result oriented and has strong attention to detail.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.